A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Thursday, June 16, 2016

Getting the Ink Flowing...yet again.


I dug out my ink pens and thought I would try to get back into drawing again.  I decided to practice some treating it as an exercise just to see if I still "had it".  As I progressed I realized it is much like riding a bicycle; you never forget.  I started this on regular old sketch pad paper, not the ideal paper for inkwork, and eventually reached the point where I didn't want to waste any more time on it because of the quality of paper.  So this technically is unfinished and will remain so.

This was also an experiment in filming the process of the pen and ink drawing.  After numerous attempts with different cameras and different settings in various positions I kind of got it right towards the end.  So that is why the drawing is well along to completion in the video.  The video is only 2 minutes long but is kind of neat seeing the progress in time lapse.


10 comments:

  1. That shows the development of the drawing very neatly. Drawing is one of those hobbies I plan to resurrect when I eventually manage to retire so I hope you're right about never forgetting how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always admire people who can draw like this. It is one of the things I never have managed to learn well. The process of drawing is nice to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done. You have talent for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. john, it's marvelous. as a side note, you have nice hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool video. I hope you do more drawing and more videos. My drawing skills are rusty, but I was never really that great in the first place, which is kind of funny since I studied lettering in grad school. Different skill set, I suppose. And I agree with TexWisGirl - you have nice hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A man of many talents! I like the time lapse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! Love the dots for shading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore pen and ink. This is wonderful. Your ability to get the perspective right is so amazing to me because you know I cannot do it. You need to do more of these and share them with us. I am really impressed. Kudos to you. genie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you do that video? It's incredible.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.