A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Thursday, June 2, 2016

More Beautiful Grills...not Girls.




There's more metal to the grill of this car than there is for the entire car they make these days!

I was surprised to see this 1946 Chevrolet as they are not often seen.  This is the Stylemaster model.  I once had a 1946 Chevrolet Fleetmaster, the next model up.  I fully restored it even to the correct two color paint scheme from the factory.  It was so nice that I eventually became afraid to drive it for fear of it getting damaged.  I sold it and got a 1937 Chevrolet truck and left it "as is".  Lesson learned.

It was nice to see this though as every little piece to it brought back fond familiar memories.  
I wish the owner had the hood up for me to see the engine.



6 comments:

  1. Glad to see that they're all "California Grills", just like in the Beach Boys song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always look like faces to me grinning at you

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the country where they were made you can only expect the best and you show it. Wow the really big cars from the past. Hope you have still more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a joy for you to watch all the oldies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of curves on these 'grills.'

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.