The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

When Pigs Can Fly


These metal sculptures were at a bar-b-que place in Sonoma I went to last week.  The saying When pigs can fly must have meaning behind why the owner chose this image to represent his bar-b-que joint.  The pigs stood on top of trailers used to cater food around the area.



The meaning behind that saying is "it will never happen".  
Maybe he knows his bar-b-que isn't all that great.  I've had better.


6 comments:

  1. The pigs are very well made which speaks in favor of the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pigs are very orinally made, a flying pig, that will seek attention I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are rather fierce looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pigs, but bar-b-que should always be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these. I just posted a drawing I did using Photoshop entitled "When Pigs Fly" from the old Flo sitcom at Mel's diner. Mine cannot compete with these. I am still waiting for pigs to fly...how about you??? genie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.