A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Sunday, June 12, 2016

Wood and Iron


There is nothing like the wood they use to use on cars in the 40's and 50's.


This was a Pontiac or Oldsmobile (I forget) and I had never seen one with wood before.

I have only one engine shot so I'll include it here.  Not many had the hoods up except for the late model muscle cars which held no interest for me.  The only thing worse is taking a 30's, 40's or early 50's car and dropping in a big V-8 motor into it.  To me that's an abomination and I just walk on by.
I love the simplicity here.


5 comments:

  1. Some elements of a stagecoach have survived by this car. Wonderfull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cars with wood on them used to fascinate me when I was a child, though the only ones seen regularly were Morris Travellers. I suppose it was a hangover from the horse-drawn carriages of a former age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember seeing some of them in the streets here long ago. I always liked that wood on the cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you imagine if they used wood trim on car exteriors now? i just can't...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cars you have been showing this week though unlike you I'm not adverse to dropping a large engine in a car providing it's done right & not bodged. The wood does look good though

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.