The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Bodega Bay


These images are from Bodega Bay a large water inlet from the Pacific 
so none of the high rocky cliffs or big surf are to be had here.
Someone planted some driftwood upright to look like a dead tree.

Inland further is a water estuary with a nature trail passing through it.  I thought this scene would look good in black and white in an abstract way but it didn't, so I left it in color.

 He knew I was there and was trying to make up his little crab brain to scurry away back to the surf or stay put and not move.  I didn't want to get my feet wet so there we were, neither of us moving.


9 comments:

  1. Against the green the red crab stands out at once. Also the driftwood planted like a tree on the beach. Only the creek is not really a stand out thing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor crab, trying to be invisible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recon that crab should be going under the weed before he is spotted by a gull

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look a bit vulnerable there in the open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww cute crab. I saw one in the ocean this past week, and he definitely looked like he did not want to be where he was. Here's to hoping they both made it to safety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are poaching on my Marin turf! LOL! What nice pictures. I really must get up there and take some of my own. Safe travels my friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go to the most beautiful places and share with us the most wonderful pictures. The fake tree is too funny. Well, guess what. Trouble with a capital T went missing again. No food eaten...no you know what n the litter box...looked everywhere...No T. After about an hour, I had a lightbulb moment. We have 2 screen doors and if they are not locked with the little hook they are light and can be easily pushed open. I knew at that moment what had happened. T did it all himself. Sure enough...in about an hour there he was sunning on the back deck. I couldn't get him to come in, but Buddy went over there with a blow of cereal with milk on it and that did the trick. Bad T is in Buddy's lap very comfy. Those doors will be locked at all times from now on. WooHoo. genie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great place for beach exploration. Love the cute little crab.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.