The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Snake Photography


It is always nice to see a snake while hiking.   
When you do, stop where you are, slowly get your camera out and get that first photo in the "bank".

Then you can slowly take a step closer and get a better photo.

It was when I stooped down to his level to get the "money shot" is when he turned and slithered away very fast so I did not get that great photo I was hoping for but at least I had something in the camera.


10 comments:

  1. Good shot none the less, only snake I saw in our garden was a grass snake and as soon as it sensed me it was gone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done with your phone? I always wonder why that design of nature and those racing stripes on his or her body but a beauty it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very few snakes seen around here. I can't say I'm sorry! It's usually a good strategy with any kind of photography to "get one in the bag", I find; you never know when the sun is about to go behind a cloud or some idiot decides to park their car in front of the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never see them overhere, only in a zoo. Must be exciting to watch them so close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It is always nice to see a snake while hiking."


    It is??

    Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Sandi. I don't mind seeing them when I know I'm going to see them, but I don't want to just encounter one. I follow someone on Instagram who is always taking photos of rattlesnakes he encounters. No thanks. I once had a water snake sneak up on me, and I wasn't sure if I was going to throw up or faint. Luckily I didn't do either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a rather handsome snake. I don't mind them at a distance. When I see cute little ones with a racing stripe on their sides in our garden I say hello and they slither away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, my friend...you can have your snakes....other than our Myrtle. She our in-house black snake that kindly shares her skin with us year after year. If something happened to her I would be very sad. Nice pictures, though. Am trying to get caught up with my commenting tonight. genie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.