A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Birds


Bodega Bay is the setting for Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 horror film The Birds.  This is the school house used in the film.  In the movie it gives the impression the school is near the bay itself but in reality it is inland a few miles separated by hills and you cannot see the ocean from anywhere around the school house location.


This is the hill the kids are running down away from the attacking crows.

 I was thinking there was a from the behind scene in the movie
 but this is all I could find and it is looking uphill.

I'm surprised no one has made a remake of The Birds now with the computer generated imagery they use in movie making these days.  Well there was a half-hearted attempt back in 2007 but development of the movie sort of stalled.  Tippi Hedren (the leading lady in Hitchcock's film) stated her opposition to the remake saying "Why would you want to do that? Why?"  
Guess you don't mess with Hitchcock. 

One doesn't make a trip out to the coast without getting a large cup of clam chowder.  
I like the red style myself.  Yes, it was delicious.  
It was half gone before I thought "I'd should have taken a photo!"


11 comments:

  1. That is so nice to see the school from the moviescene, who doesn't remember it. When a huge flock of starlings is flying over here, everybody still says "the Birds"are coming! Some people even got a fear of birds by that movie. I wouldn't like a remake, I want to remember as it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no clam chowder for me so have at it. :) i don't think i've ever watched 'the birds' other than parts of it. i did see 'the girl' (about hitchcock's obsession w/ hedren) and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I didn't know that's where the movie was filmed. Pretty cool. And even though I'm not a fan of clam chowder, that does look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not go to see scary movies or watch scary programs on TV...but seeing this picture gives me the EBBY-JEEBIES!!!!! I am getting the creepiest feeling just looking at it. But putting that aside, the old structure is a beautiful one and worth saving. You can come up with the best posts. You always find something unusual or eye-catching to grab my attention. That clam chowder really did. Boy, would I love some of that. T has been behaving himself. Bud took him to vet to be checked out and they still had DEAD on his file. No....he is very much alive and not going outside. All doors are LOCKED! genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How different things look in reality than on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That movie scared the crap out of me when it came out. It didn't help that I read the novella first. Now I look at it and all I see are the low grade special effects. Progress?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the movie well and big flocks of birds always are a reminder of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. House which came in the movie looks beautiful. Yummy dish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely remember The Birds. Don't know if anyone could outdo the original in a remake.
    The schoolhouse is a cool looking building, a good place for the birds to hide...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bodega Bay has long been on my list of places I would really like to visit (still haven't). Love those screen capture shots from the movie. I don't think you could remake that film and have it be as good as the original. Like you said, you don't mess with Hitchcock!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great place to go along and visit though I'll pass on the Chowder

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.