The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Roadside Art #5


These art pieces have been along Highway 101 for a few years now and I never quite understood them.




This time I noticed this plaque.  Now I get it. 
A bird got it too.

6 comments:

  1. I thought it might be an open-plan birdbox till I saw the plaque. It doesn't look as though there's too much natural beauty to occupy the mind so perhaps it's as well to have something man-made to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and a bit in the tradition of the american comics of the 60 and 70 years with mr potato and mister sausage just giving everything legs and arms. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that first one "Square head" running home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay. i saw the 'house' head, but wasn't sure why either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they're kind of cool. I like the first one. Not sure if the bird was giving it the thumbs up or down.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.