The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Day 1

I pack the RV putting the cold things into the refrigerator last.  I go to start up the refrigerator and it wouldn't keep going.  Standing in the rain I fiddle with it for nearly an hour and was about ready to give up and unpack the frig when it finely stays lit.  Whew.

After only 4 hours of driving I was done.  Usually I'm good for twice that much.  Old age?  Also, not having Sinbad with me I had to do all the driving.  Yeah, I miss him.  Whenever the RV slowed down after hours of highway driving he would come up front and jump into my lap to see where we were.   No more.

So this is home for the night - back behind a Carl's Jr. hamburger place.  Scenic huh?  One good thing is that I got this new wifi extender antenna.  I am tapped into some hotel that I cannot even see from where I am parked and getting free wifi.  Yippee!  Nice to buy a gadget that really works.

9 comments:

  1. I like the free wifi part, not 4 but 2 hours of driving is already difficult for me at my age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're able to get wi-fi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like grabbing some wifi. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice view :), at least you had Wifi to be entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to hear from you on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee the cement there looks like a playa bed. Is this antenna a big huge thing, or a little tower? Maybe you can keep drawing on the road as you see things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do more than 4 hours a day, like to stop and get out too much. Wish I had a cat who would do the driving for me. I am traveling at the moment to help me with some emotional times as well, safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.