A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Gates of Eden


The title is a nod to a Bob Dylan song from the mid- sixties but yes, whenever I go to my artists supply store it is like walking through the Gates of Eden for me.

Oh my, look at all those lovely ink pens!
 There are many more pens to the left and right but the aisle is so narrow where all the pen and ink materials are on display this is all I could get in.  
The painter people with their watercolors, oils and acrylics take up the bulk of the store property.
Us ink people just get this little corner of the store.

Good that I like black ink only and am not interested in all the colors that are available.
All sizes in colors are not availible, only in black can you have every size of pen.  

I went in to get one specific pen and then wandered around the store 
admiring all the paints, brushes, papers, canvas and more.
The only store I could spend even more time in is a bookstore.  That can get expensive.
In the art store I can walk out with a new pen for $3.14.

11 comments:

  1. I know that feeling when entering a shop like this and so have a lot to much technical pencils for one person but the makers seduce you with just a new little twist in the design. The thickness of a line is also a story that could take hours by pencils and pens but it are indeed great shops to stroll around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be an eldorado for you to walk around here. It seems there are almost more pencils than people to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe that you were able to walk out with just one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad you picked it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is an art supply store not too far from where I live that is just like this. My head kind of spins whenever I go in there. I'm looking forward to your future works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always feels like a magical place to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I suppose you leave singing:
    "I got everythin' I need, I'm an artist, I don't look back".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my daughters head would explode in this shop! Too many pens are never enough!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.