The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Winter Road Trip


I had been planning all year a trip down south for the winter where Sinbad and I could be warm and comfortable until spring.  Now I will be going it alone.

After he passed away I didn't know what to do with the blog.  Do I change the name?  And to what would I change it?  Well I have had a few weeks now to think about it and have decided to just leave as it is for now.  Sinbad will always be with me in spirit wherever I go.  I miss him terribly.
I was exceptionally lucky to have Sinbad as a part of my life.  We sure did have a lot of great adventures together. 

Some might have wondered if I will get another cat.  I have had cats all my life.  There's no stopping me now.  All the cats I have had have all adopted me, coming into my life by their own means.  Sinbad was the only cat I actively went out and adopted which is another story in itself.  I plan to give it a year of being catless.  If one wanders into my life during that period then it was meant to be. Otherwise, after a year I'll get another cat, mostly probably a Sinbad clone in appearance.
Then the blog will get a name change.

I will be without Internet for most of the time but when I can I will post whatever I am doing and hopefully bring this blog back up to its usual level of interest whenever we I am away from home exploring and traveling the roads of America.


13 comments:

  1. Good luck on the roadtrip and remember Sinbad will be there in spirit and who knows might find another fellow wanderer to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, life without a cat feels amputated, but in the end there is always another one when the grief is fading away a bit. Sofietje is my sixth cat...Have a nice trip and enjoy the things you see and maybe meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy travels to you. Looking forward to seeing some of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care John... and enjoy your travels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies, John, I haven't stopped by your blog in a couple weeks. My sincere condolences for Sinbad. I like your decision to leave your blog "as is" for now. Safe travels as you head south.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy travels, John. Looking forward to future stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be following along, cat or no cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do be safe. find some sites and joys. your buddy still rides along with you in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're keeping the title the same, too. He's still your traveling buddy, he's just got a better view these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about Sinbad. I'm happy to read you are keeping the blog and carrying on with your travels, though I'm sure it is very hard without your faithful Sinbad! I haven't been on Blogger much this year, but when I am, I always like to read about your travels. I hope one day we can do the same...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.