The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Day 14


So there I am a couple of miles out in the middle of the desert walking along and I noticed the strange looking rock by my foot.  You can see my footprint.  I had already picked up the "rock" and once realizing what I had replaced it for this photo documentation.


There I had in my hand was a fossilized vertebrae of some long ago prehistoric animal.  I have found fossilized bone fragments before in all my years but never a complete intact unbroken bone like this.  This truly is the best fossil I have ever found.  
Yes, I know the difference between bone and fossilized bone. 


Okay, my life now is complete.  Lord take me anytime you wish.  Oh wait.  
I still would like to find that gun or rifle lost by a cowboy or prospector long ago.  
Hold off on that calling a little longer if you will.



5 comments:

  1. What a find! I got chills and it wasn't even me that found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonders of nature just lying there to be discovered by you. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, this is amazing so integrant. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.