A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, November 11, 2016

Day 15


These don't even begin to compare to yesterday's find but I thought I'd share anyway.
A not in very good shape Coyote skull.  I have a couple others at home that are intact.  
This one will ride with me on the dashboard of the RV along with a bunch of other collectibles.


A .50 caliber shell casing from an airplane machine gun.  Back during WW2 this area was used for training in fighter aircraft.  I have found one or two here before in previous visits and have found some at another dry lake in Nevada also.


This will give you a better idea the size of these things.  
Yep, they'll do some serious damage to whatever they hit.


I think about how these cartridge casings have lain in the desert for 70 plus years 
unseen, untouched until I came waltzing along.

6 comments:

  1. It's going to be a very tidy desert when you've finished collecting everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a couple of coyote skulls around here, too. the shell casing is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find some interesting objects in that desert.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.