The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Day 17


Today I hiked back to the same area I found the fossil hoping to find another.  No luck.
Back at camp later in the day I noticed this ant crawling across my carpet 
with a piece of soda cracker I dropped from lunch.
He's right in the center of this picture.


Here is an enlarged portion of the picture.
You can see that is a pretty big piece of cracker.  As large as he is.  Although he was moving fast intially, later on he really slowed down.  I guess ants can get tired carrying a load.


 He got way over there in those Creosote bushes and I finally quit tracking him.  That is a long way and who knows how much further he had to go.  When he makes it back to the colony with his cracker he'll be a hero. "Dude, where'd you find that?!"


2 comments:

  1. Funny how the ants detect immediately that something is eatable. I think I would have some trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he was welcomed with those words :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.