The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Day 20


Distances are deceiving in the desert.  Here I am 2.5 miles away from camp which is at the base of those mountains to the left.  You may be able to see a small white specks at the base of a low dark hill on the left.  That is an RV but not mine.  Mine is too small to see.  On this particular hike I realized I wasn't getting that much closer to my destination so I stopped here.

A tall Ocotillo is the only shade provided in this area.

 This is the view I have from my "patio" where I eat all my meals or just sit and enjoy.

If the clouds give the sun something to work with I get wonderful sunsets each evening.

Regarding yesterday's post about the Super Moon I was really lucky for when I went out for an encore performance last night the above cloudy skies obscured the moon.  
I would have had to wait till 2034 for another chance.



5 comments:

  1. Gosh you make me dream of far places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some glorious pictures that really give a "sense of place". I rather like the idea that you take a magic carpet along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make yourself comfortable at home with the Persian carpet, I like that and also the tough cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics make me wish to be somewhere like that!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.