The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day 48

I am kind of surprised as to how easy it is to post on the blog through the iPad but it does have its limitations.  And there's the fact I have to lug around the iPad to get the photos for the posting.  I don't think the picture quality is as good either.  Maybe if I knew what I was doing...

Here is last night's sunset.

This morning's hike was in search of Quartz crystals as this is what the area is known for and called Crystal Hill.  While wandering around I came across this.  I doubt they hauled the body all the way in here to bury it.  Most likely the ashes are here.  The cross was made of metal.  Her age was close to mine, a year older.  Makes you think.  She probably liked this area and wanted to rest here for eternity.

These saguaros were growing out from almost solid rock.

Here is a little grove of cholla.  You don't want to get too close.

The object is to locate an outcropping of white Quartz then amongst it all try to find a rare clear crystal or at least a somewhat clear one.  The problem is the area has been picked cleaned over the years and no digging is allowed, so it's a challenge.  

After all my looking and walking I did find one that was a little bit translucent so I'll take that.





1 comment:

  1. You find very different items, even a grave! That landscape with saguaros reminds me a bit at a Lucky Luke comic story :) The cristal looks good, glad you could find one.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.