A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, December 16, 2016

Day 50

On a little walkabout in the bush I saw a windmill off in the distance.  Once I reached it I saw that modern technology now is the means of getting water up from deep within the ground.  The wind has retired.  The sun has now assumed the duties

The purpose of the well is solely for the local residents, the wildlife of Kofa Wildlife Refuge.
Notice the little cement ramp in the upper corner so that the little critters including birds can get down to the water if the level is low or they can get out if they happen to fall in.

There were tracks of Desert Bighorn Sheep at the well.  I would like to see them at least once in my lifetime.

That evening I was surrounded by a herd of coyote with one right at the door.  It sounded as if there were at least 4 or 5 yippin and howling.  Of course as soon as I turned on the outside light and opened the door they took off. 


5 comments:

  1. How nice that there is water for them! The coyotes sound scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting mix of old technology and new. That photo tells quite a story. We've been seeing a lot of coyotes at our desert place recently. I got some pretty good photos last weekend. I'll have to try to post them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So civilization came through. Even at the most deserted places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great they use solar pannels now, technology made big progresses. The coyotes brought you a serenade how nice.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.