A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Sunday, December 18, 2016

Day 52


Today's hike was short.  Although it is clear skies and the sun is shining bright the wind is cold.  It must be coming down from the arctic.  I didn't find anything out of the ordinary today - a golf ball, another one of those horrible Mylar birthday balloons and the usual beer cans.  Even the real old beer cans before pull tabs now no longer interest me.  I did find this canning jar and brought it back with me.  Why?  I don't know.  I'll look at it as cleaning up the desert if I find no other use for it.

I do always enjoy looking at the animal tracks and wonder what they were up to at the time.
Most likely looking for something to eat and a safe place to sleep.

A bird, probably a dove.

A coyote

and the rabbit the coyote is looking for.

Someone's home.  There are many burrows in the ground and most are old and long since abandoned.  To find one with tracks coming and going is not as easy as you may think.  
I wonder who lives here.

2 comments:

  1. The tracks are nice as a proove, you don't see them, but they are there outside.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.