The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Day 64


Looks like snow.  Well it did when I was standing there.  Unfortunately the sun was hidden by clouds so the brilliant white of the rock isn't as noticeable in the photo.  This is quartz rock and this area for hundreds of square miles is abundant with quartz.  So much so the nearby town is named Quartzite.  

The sun barely peeked through to show the color of these hills. 
 It reminded me on the Painted Desert.


3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to visit Quartzite in Jan. or Feb. It's on my "to do" list. Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I never knew how Quartzite got its name. Makes sense! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All quartz, here you can pick some better than in the last place. A Happy New Year in Quartzite!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.