The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Day 92


What a glorious day!  Clear skies filled with brilliant sunshine and that darn wind.  It's not that cold that I couldn't be outside but the wind makes it just that bit too uncomfortable for me.  I eventually grew so restless I just had to get out even if only for a short walk.

This is one of the more peculiar looking saguaros I have ever seen.

I have never seen a cholla as densely packed and large as this one.
It was 5 feet tall.

Can you imagine falling into this?  A very painful experience indeed.

 All the plants around here are showing new growth from these recent rains. 
This ocotillo is a good example.

A sign near camp.
Yep, this area should provide me with some good exploring.

Tomorrow the winds are supposed to die away and next week be in the 70's.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting survivors those plants, just some water and they start growing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes what a little water just can do. Great plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sign must be new. No bullet holes. That's the most amazing saguaro I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.