A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Saturday, February 4, 2017

Day 100


100 days.  That is longer than any of the trips Sinbad and I took together.  Oh how I have missed him on this trip.  We were always on the move to the next spot over the hill or around the bend.  This trip was to be more of a test for me to see if I could stay put in one place for long periods of time.  I have learned I can stay still for a couple weeks at a time.  No problem.  Just give me enough land to explore and books to read and I'll be fine.

I am camped on the banks of Wild Woman wash.  It is a wide watercourse that for most of the year is dry as it is presently.  I walked down the wash for close to a mile and got bored as there was not one thing of interest.  I climbed up the bank on the other side and soon came to a barbed wire fence that stretched off into the distance.  I walked alongside of it for a mile with nothing to report.

Back at the RV I saw I had two visitors while I was away.  
Boy, the Jehovah Witnesses will hunt you down even in the deserts of Arizona.  
Seems there's no getting away from them knocking on your door.
Thank goodness for that Wild Woman for being there for me.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky for you that you wasn't there at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a real plague, they are like flies, you wipe them away and they keep returning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd be missing home a lot if away for that long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a long time to be on the road! Quite a milestone. That's one fence that looks just as bad on both sides. Sometimes the side the cows live on looks a lot more desolate than the other side.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.