A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Day 110


Mines!  
The good kind you can walk into.

 This is just inside the entrance.  I intended to go back and get a picture of the opening in the side of the hill and forgot.  I was too excited I guess.

Deeper in the flash on my little camera did quite well.

Farther on was this mummified dog.

You can make your own story up about why he was there.
I have my ideas.

The shaft branched off in two directions, one a short dead end and the other with this screened gate.
I felt I had gone far enough and turned backed.


6 comments:

  1. I have to admit you have more courage than me. I would have not thought a thing about going in when young, but now I don't know if I would or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The path is too narrow and makes me frightened when i see them in picture. Then just thing how it will be when i see them real...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still wonder what was the goal of getting out that shaft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not for me to go underground like this, it always make me stuffy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't be joining you on that exploration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.