The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Day 112


I went back yet again looking for new mines to explore.
This site they were just scraping the surface dirt and rocks for gold.
No mine shafts to explore.

The shacks looked in disrepair and I suspect they were leftovers from long ago when travel to and from the mine wasn't as easy as it is these days.

 Elsewhere I did locate a new mine but decided this one was pushing my comfort limit.
  This one required crawling whereas the others I could stand up in.  
And those big boulders placed in the entrance was enough to deter me from entering.

On the way back to camp I came across this pet cemetery near two small RV "parks" where people live year around it appears.  Of course this made me think of my Sinbad. 

3 comments:

  1. We still talk a lot about all the cats we had to compare them with our current one. They keep always in your memories with all there specific habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be very difficult to earn your money under these circumstances. Lovely pet cemetery and of course you have to thought about Sinbad. It would be fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our beloved pets are never forgotten!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.