A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, February 17, 2017

Day 113


This day I rode deeper into the canyon just to see what there was to see.
Looking back down the grade I had just come up.
This was about as much as my little bike could manage.

I parked it and walked the last 100 yards or so thinking there would be some grand view at the ridge.
There wasn't.  It continued on down into another narrow canyon

It doesn't look like much but this is fairly steep and a long hard pull.
Photos never tell the real story. 

On my way back to camp I spotted the first real bloom so far.

I thought this might be Rabbit Bush but after consulting my desert wildflower guide book, Rabbit Bush has yellow flowers.  A plant called Fairyduster has pinkish flowers like this but it only grows a foot or so high, so I don't know what this is.




4 comments:

  1. Not such a comfortable path to bike over, very bumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For an desert it is very green with a lot of plants. I like that, also that it is a complete unknown world to me . And going such a trail with a bike must also be fun. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so isolated out there on that trail!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.