The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Day 121


Today's hike took me across a broad gravel wash, not a place to be in with flash flood warnings.

There are loads of these flowering here.
I'll not try to guess what its name is.

Another geographical survey marker.  This one dated 1954.  
I would be turning 6 years old at the end of the year this was pounded into the ground.

A new addition today at the FREE TABLE.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice day to be out.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that old survey marker. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, or is it yours? It looks brand new.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.