The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Day 98


I've moved south to a new area just outside of Why, Arizona.  What you see in the distance, a service station, market and community center is about all there is here.  Why, Why?  Well long ago when the residents wanted to be put on a map they had to come up with a name for their "town".  Being it was situated at where Highway 86 branched off towards Tucson from Highway 85, a "Y" in the road, that was good enough.  "Where do you live?"  "At the Y."  Well the state of Arizona had a policy that any town name must have at least three letters to it.  So the founding fathers changed it to Why. 
Since then the Y in the road has been changed to a T in the road for safety reasons.  
No movement has ever been put worth to change the name of the town to "Tea".

Here is a helicopter giving another helicopter a lift.

Last night's sunset.



3 comments:

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.