A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, February 3, 2017

Day 99


This morning I took a 4 mile walk around this new area I am camped at.  Unlike the last camp 10 miles to the north, this land is very much different.  It is flat hard packed sand which makes for easy going.  That is about the only plus for it.  The plant life is like 95% creosote bush, very few saguaros or other cacti.  I came across absolutely no signs of illegal migrant activity.  They must be passing through in some other area.  But I can say for the few cholla that there are here, these things are more like a tree.  I've never seen them this big.  This one is at least 10 feet tall.

Norm Died '98
That's what it said at the top.  This was out in the middle of nowhere.

Heading back to camp I came across this.  
Okay, let's see what they want me to see.

50 feet away.  No, its not Norm for that was a mile or so distant.

1 comment:

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.