The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Day 126


Today I rode the bike over to explore along the Colorado River.

This is one of the finer homes over on the California side.  Your own private dock.  How nice.

I sat and enjoyed the view, all peaceful and quiet like.

On the way back I passed this.  What a nice home it must have been at one time for some family.  
It sat up upon a bluff with a nice view of the river below.  Sad to see.
The interstate highway passed close by so it wasn't all that peaceful.
Maybe that is why they moved away and no one else bought it.

2 comments:

  1. I am always amazed by all those abandoned houses in the USA. I think it is because there is so much room, nobody bothers. Here they break down old houses and built new ones. But we live on top and next to each other here:). Sometimes a bit to much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh.... beautiful views!

    Sometimes it is too expensive to fix up old houses, easier to build new ones.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.