The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, March 6, 2017

Day 130


I returned to the archaeological site this time leaving the bike at camp and hiking out to it.  Now  I could investigate the area more thoroughly not thinking about where I dropped the key!
I walked the entire area and this is the only anomaly I could find, 
this arrangement of stones forming a square. 

Each bundle of stones had some loosely wrapped rusty wire around them.
Perhaps they are marking a location of something that was found there.
Like my friend Carolyn said "Probably one arrowhead was found and the entire one acre site was declared an archaeological site."

As I was leaving walking the path it hit me.  The path itself is the archaeological element, like the Nazca Lines of Peru.  What is here can only be seen from above.  Back at camp I Google Earthed the site.  Nope, there are no figures created on the desert floor.  So it remains a mystery.

This is a Desert Lily and they are blooming all over the desert now.

Another day on my bike I passed a hillside covered with these purple flowers.  
"I'll get a picture on the way back."  I didn't.  Passed it right on by I did.

Late afternoon shadow shot by camp.

4 comments:

  1. No doubt it was just a few finds for it to be called that but if you dug down it may show a different aspect like the ones found in our country

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a miracle to find flowers in such a surrounding. Strong nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple flower looks like a variety of lupin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The desert lily's leaves are kind of creepy...love the long shadow shot!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.