A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, March 27, 2017

Dorky


We have all heard of a child being referred to as a "dorky" kid.  If you Google the word "dork" you will find it is someone who has odd interests, and is often silly at times.  A dork is also someone who can be themselves and not care what anyone thinks.  As it applies to kids the term usually falls upon the youngest child of the family or the only child.  It is believed the word derives from "door key" in reference to latch-key kids - those who came home from school to an empty house because both parents worked and usually wore the house key on a string around their neck.  Well all of that that would be me except for one thing - when I went to school, no one locked their homes.

  

1 comment:

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.