The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, March 20, 2017

They Arrived!


My solar panels arrived today!

That is 200 watts of solar power there.  That plus the wimpy 45 watt panel I already had will supply me and my batteries with all the power I need...I think.  Now if it just wouldn't rain for a couple of days (scheduled sometime next week) I'd be installing them on the roof of the RV.  
The finished job will be shown in a later post.  

On a side note, over the course of the time away you may recall that I felt my deep cycle batteries were done for, especially after I learned their life expectancy is 3 to 5 years.  I've had these for 9 years now which I was embarrassed to write in a post from the desert a few months back.  Well, they got fully charged on the way home and did not have any use since I was not living in the RV but in the house.  They sat at rest it is called, all night long and still read 12.7 volts the next morning!  12.7 volts is a fully charged battery.  A bad battery will start losing voltage within an hour of resting. Wow, that means they are good to go and saves be around $250.  In case you are wondering, these are the same batteries they use in golf carts which are designed to take a lot of discharges and charges.


2 comments:

  1. Your second photo does something strange to me, when I scroll down and up the black spots seem to move. A kind of optical illusion or something wrong with my eyes?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.