A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Sunday, May 7, 2017

Losee Canyon


Thousands of people visit Bryce Canyon and Arches National Parks every year.  Here I discovered a smaller more intimate representation of both and I had it all to myself.


Here I will say what I always say: "It looked so much better than the picture".

I didn't notice until after uploading this picture 
but you can see two faces looking in the opposite directions.

The Canyon of Wind-blown Hats.
This is looking down into a very steep canyon, so steep that people cannot go retrieve their hats after being blown off their heads.  You can see two hats in the center.  

More of Losee Canyon tomorrow.


5 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful, brings back memories of our first tour to the US, we were overwhelmed by those rock formations. Had never seen such nature before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, John. Worked in Utah, and these pix bring back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing geology. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly amazing geology. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.