A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Saturday, May 20, 2017

Outside With the Dinosaurs


 It was very cold outside (tiny snowflakes falling) which seems to be the situation all over in the southwest right now as some cold air mass has moved down from the north.  This made me think of the time of dinosaurs, the weather then wasn't all so peachy all the time.  No doubt freak cold air masses were forced down into their habitat by the jet stream occasionally.


The colors and patterns are all speculation by the scientists and artists.
No one really knows.

All my life, given the choice to go back to any period of time, I would choose the time of dinosaurs.

I think it would be fascinating to see them in real life,

ah but I would probably end up being a tasty little morsel for somebody.

Not a dinosaur but for as cold as it was this woolly mammoth is well suited for it.

And I leave you with utterly embarrassing monstrosity that greets you upon entering
Vernal, Utah.  Boy, if I lived here I'd start up a petition to have that thing replaced.


7 comments:

  1. I should imagine that the dinosaurs would be fascinated to see you as well. Of course it may turn out that the dinosaurs really were all bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I am glad they don't exist now but who knows how our life would be in that circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of running and screaming...?

      ;-)

      Delete
  3. They were rather huge threatening creatures to meet as a human. I am glad I dont meet them here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I'm happy to see that big pink dino is still there and doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you say, the colors and patterns are all speculation by the scientists and artists. But what if dinosaurs really were bright pink with cute smiles and long eyelashes? Sort of changes the idea of desperate survival in the prehistoric world doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a rather embarassing monster!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.