A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, May 5, 2017

Some Observations


The evening sound is filled with frogs.  They are loud and there's lots of them. 
 I have to wear my ear plugs when I go to bed.

The water level in the creek has dropped six inches in the few days we have been here.

Beans went down to the water and didn't give it another thought.  She even got her front feet wet.
Sinbad would have nothing to do with water, be it a stream or the ocean.
He seemed deathly afraid of it. 

When my swim trunks dry out they are stiff as a board as if someone used way too much starch. 
 I wondered why.  Then yesterday the locals passed by camp.
I think I now have my answer.  Probably why my skin looks and feels like 100 year-old parchment.
I have a pretty good idea what is going on upstream.  I don't think I'm getting in the water anymore.

We pretty much have the place all to ourselves during the day then as evening approaches they start coming in for a free night's camp and then pull out in the early morning.  The weekend warriors might stay and frolic in Cattle Crap Creek all weekend.  I think we will move on Friday. 

Beans Bulletin: Poor Beans stepped on a red ant today and got stung on her front paw.   

2 comments:

  1. Frogs? Cattle? Red Ants? Sounds like it's pretty crowded already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the water is contaminated, sad in such a rural surrounding.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.