A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Wednesday, May 3, 2017

This Must Be the Place


We moved 7 miles up the canyon across the highway from where we were, up a creek and with no paddle. There we found an idyllic spot in the shade of large cottonwood trees right by the stream. There is a gentle breeze shaking the leaves of the trees, the birds are chirping and the stream makes a soothing gurgling sound. One couldn't ask for anything better.

Well there is a period in the day when the shade moves away.
  I just drag my chair and carpet around following it.

Off to the right on the other side of the creek is a nice deep trough I can lay in.
After the initial "Oh!" the water feels just right.

I think this place will be fine for awhile.

I mistakenly said yesterday this was the Virgin River.  This is North Creek, a tributary of the Virgin.  The Virgin River runs through Zion Canyon on the other side of those high bluffs.






6 comments:

  1. A little bit of paradise. Here it's grey, cloudy and drizzly - at least one can stay in the shade without undue exertion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks indeed like the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've found the ideal spot. I wonder what Beans thinks when you decide to get wet in the river.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree looks the right place to be for a while

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, I remember those kinds of beauty days in that area of the world....you and Beans keep staying cool there by the water :) Yup, did it again (teehee)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.