A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Sunday, May 21, 2017

Western Heritage Museum


Another cold day and another attempt to be somewhere warm.
Inside I was mildly successful although they could have turned the heat up even more.

 It was a small little museum filled with lots of old stuff, 
well after all that's what museums are for.

Ah but again I was plagued with a hoard of second graders in attendance.
I will give them a better score than those at the dinosaur museum as they were better controlled much to the credit of the museum staff conducting their tour. 

This old organ I thought photo-worthy

for the back was open to view.  
I bet this organ with its vacuum tubes produced a better sound than modern day electronic models.

I was intrigued in the collection of bows and arrows made by the local Ute Indians.  
The kids ran me off and I intended to go back and take a picture but of course forgot to do so.


3 comments:

  1. Nice that someone collected this stuff. Best to do it on the spot itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always interesting to see what one can collect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wandering around small museums. Did beans sit in the camper and wait for you patiently while you were in there?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.