A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Thursday, June 22, 2017

Along the Lower Salmon River



Near us was an Osprey nest.  
She did not like for me to stand outside trying to get a photo

and would leave the nest circling out over the river

then back over her nest

which would agitate the blackbirds who constantly dive-bombed her while she flew around.


Finally she gave up and landed back in the nest. 
While eating dinner I missed the male mating with her.

Then about 15 feet from the side door there was a Killdeer nest in the grass. 

So between Beans and I we were pretty much making the local birds pretty nervous and we left early the next morning and had breakfast a couple miles up the road.
This sculpture was created from junk and trash collected downstream on the Salmon.

Too bad a busy background makes if difficult to see the details but I think you can see the fisherman.

I didn't catch the Indian with the bow until I started to walk away.




3 comments:

  1. A lot more in the statue then you see at first sight. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first photo, beautiful hills. And the junk sculpture is pretty nice too. I don't think I've ever seen an osprey nest, or an osprey!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.