A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Sunday, June 18, 2017

Civilian Conservation Corps


Oh fudge!  The sun ruined the pictures of the signs.

This was at a turnout along the road, a turnout I missed of course and had to go back to it.
The main point though I wanted to share was the quote on the right.
Oh how much our natural resources and our youth could benefit from this today.


These two sculptures looked as if they were created by folding and bending heavy gauge steel. 
Quite impressive.

The artist actually laced the boots with wire cable.


4 comments:

  1. The artist made it himself very difficult but with splendid result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, a little bit of hard work never hurt anyone. Amazing what you find on the roads of America!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen work done by the CCC elsewhere. They sure contributed a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.