A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, June 16, 2017

Haag Cove. Lake Roosevelt, Washington


Another peaceful and quiet find on the opposite side of the reservoir from yesterday's camp.

The first thing I noticed because I heard it was fish action down at the water.

 I could probably walk all the way across and the water wouldn't reach my knees.
That's how shallow it was.

This picture here I knew they were just carp making baby carp.
Carp aren't much for eating although some people do. 

While taking Beans for a walk she found this wild rose brush.

I don't think I have ever seen one before.
There's been quite a few things Sinbad found for me while taking him for walks,
things of interest I would not have seen otherwise.
I think Beans will be doing likewise for me in the years to come.

This is the reason I knew what I was looking at, otherwise I'd probably pass it by.

I also spotted this while standing around waiting for her.
I noticed it from above looking down through the latticework of the bench,

Good thing I didn't reach in and pull it off.

Crazy Woman by the Lake.
Believe me, she didn't have all her groceries packed in the same bag.

Here is a fungus found at a camp a week ago and I keep forgetting to post it.
The main reason for showing it is that this is the only one I have found.
I'd think this area would be rich with them.


1 comment:

  1. When I lived in England, those wild roses were called dog roses.
    Was the crazy woman camping near you?
    The wasps nest is such a work of art!
    If you enjoyed eating carp, would it be safe to eat fish from this lake?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.