A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Devils Tower National Monument


Since it was along our route heading east through Wyoming we visited Devils Tower.



I was here back in September of 2011 when there were no lines to get in and it was a lot cooler.
  

Notice the UPS truck having to wait through the line.


On that trip I walked the 1.3 mile trail around the tower base.  Not this time.
  

Too hot, way too many people and I was still tired.  So I sat in the shade and people watched, always fun entertainment which I didn't have the presence of mind to take pictures of. 
Oh if I had lived back in the day...



And there were the climbers to watch.



 Not an activity to my liking.


No chance to stay and camp here so we said good-bye to Devils Tower and pressed on down the road.




8 comments:

  1. It is an impressive natural phenomena. Reminds me a bit of Ayers Rock in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember driving past Devil's Tower on the way home from our trip to The Medicine Wheel. We didn't stop to investigate, but I wish I had. An impressive sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remembered from the film Close Encounters. Seeing the walls close up like that puts in in perspective as to how big it is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Nice post, imagining you sitting in shade watching people. I'm sure someone was watching you too from somewhere. Lists if people & families soon to disappear when school starts. Then you will have many quiet places to explore. Hey, I LOVE the new print set up on your blog, looks really nice, easy to read too 👍🏽.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such nice captures, John. Never been, but always wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is quite interesting.. and rock formation is very unique...

    Please visit: https://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing the walls close up like that puts in in perspective as to how big it is




    การ์ตูนโป๊, jav

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.