A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, August 14, 2017

Good-bye Belle Fourche


This was a lovely place to stay and I am sure we will return the next time we are in the northwest portion of South Dakota.  We were treated with a wonderful rainbow on our last day.


We continued west to Rapid City, South Dakota to resupply Beans food and Johnny food, do some laundry (oh joy!) then stayed at Cabela's for the night.  Cabela's is a major sporting goods supplier and I once showcased it on one of our cross-country trips where we stayed at the main home office store in Sidney, Nebraska.  I tried to find it in my blog but could not.  Sorry.  


All the stores have these displays of stuffed big game animals indigenous to where that particular store is located.  This one being in the Great Plains area of course had to have a bison or two.  In the above photo you see a huge mammoth bison sculpture out front.  Ah, but inside...I bet you never have seen a two-headed bison before.


Okay, it wasn't.  This was the view from the checkout area.  The other bison is resting it's head on the neck of the nearer one but from this angle it looked to be two-headed.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely rainbow. Rapid City sounds a bit hectic for me - we have a village called Sloley in this part of the world.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.