A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Sunday, September 10, 2017

Signs of Change


This is Freeman Reservoir 9 miles in and up (8756')  into the Elkhead Mtns. of Colorado.  
Normally I wouldn't have made the drive but the dirt road was well graded with no washboard to it, 
so I went for it.


Oh the trees are beginning to change color.  
That means cooler temperatures and my thoughts turned to moving south. 



Our home site which wasn't near the water, none were, and we had it all to ourselves.


Another one of those old style hand water pumps put in long ago by the Forest Service.  
Good thing I didn't need any water as I could barely crank the thing over.



They were busy making baby snakes so I left them to their lovemaking and moved on.


Yep, snow flurries may be in the not to distant future.
We don't want any of that to deal with.


4 comments:

  1. It can get cold early in September up in the mountains. Love the yellow of the trees... aspens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would feel comfortable out there with no one else around! Fall is moving in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you made it to Colorado. Beautiful country, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that you made it to Colorado. Beautiful country, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.