A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, October 20, 2017

Windy times a'coming


Alabama Hills, Lone Pine, California

Temperatures are still too high to move any further south and it is quite pleasant here so why move?  Well to get some variety of food to eat would be one good reason.  I went into town the other day and there is just one grocery store in Lone Pine.  A typical small town store with high prices.  I walked out with a quart of milk, a bag of salad rapidly approaching it's "best by" date and some bananas that quickly turned on me overnight.  

I've went off hiking in every direction here and feel I've seen it all although that is hardly the case.  But I've pretty well covered enough geology here on the blog that we might be just seeing pictures of Beans for awhile unless I make some new discoveries. 


Oh, I am having my picture taken.  I'll stick out my tongue."




Some 40 to 50 mph winds are predicted at midnight tonight until 8am.
That will be interesting. 



3 comments:

  1. Beans looks very happy and naughty with her tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to see Beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures of Beans are always welcome. In fact she has similar colouring to my cat Pandy that lived with us in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.